The Q Lake is PBF's members-only specimen Carp and Catfish Lake. The lake is stocked with Carp to 35lb and Wels Catfish to 58lb.
The unique design of the lake allows anglers to fish from the central island. This design ensures that peg conflict is minimised as anglers are fishing away from each other rather than towards, as found on traditionally designed lakes.
The lake was built is 2008 and has matured very well. In early 2012 over 3,500 trees were planted around the lake as well as on the central island including; Oak, Beech, Rowan, Cherry, Silver Birch, Willow, Ash and many others and it is an official "Diamond Jubilee Woodland" for the Queens Anniverary.
Showering facilities are provided for those fishing the Q Lake as well as charging points just in case you need to charge your phone. There are Pizza, Chinese & Indian takeaway services that deliver to the complex.
Pegs may be pre-booked, which we recommend to avoid disappointment, or alternatively you can just turn up and see what is available.
(pegs available for pre-booing from 31st March 2017)
£12 for day ticket (only available Sunday to Thursday and at Bailiff’s discretion)
£20 for 1 day / 24hrs
£40 for 2 days / 48hrs
£55 for 3 days
£70 for 4 days
£80 for 5 days
£90 for 6 days
£100 for full week
Additional £5 to extend from Midday Sunday until closing time. (Please note that closing time is 9:00pm or dusk, whichever is the earlier)
(pegs NOT available for pre-booking)
£10 for day ticket
£15 for 1 day / 24hrs
£30 for 2 days / 48hrs
£40 for 3 days
£50 for 4 days
£60 for 5 days
£65 for 6 days
£70 for full week
At the Bailiff’s discretion, the Q Lake may be booked exclusively at the following rates:
Full Lake (Friday or Saturday) - Minimum of £240
Full Lake (Sunday to Thursday but not including Bank Holidays) - Minimum of £160
Please note that a 50% non-refundable deposit is to be paid at time of booking.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Q Lake please fill in either of the forms below and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a photograph or your largest capture. Alternatively you can hand it in to one of the staff or bailiffs. Please note that the membership fee is a one-off payment of £40.
Q Lake Rules
- The Q Lake is to be fished by members only.
- Please purchase fishing tickets before fishing. Tickets can be purchased from the café during opening hours, or from the ”Honesty Tickets“ kiosk at all other times.
- Fishing from midday until midday. Please note that your peg must be vacated by midday.
- A maximum of 3 rods per angler. Anglers must hold valid E.A. license(s).
- Fishing from designated pegs only. No stalking allowed.
- Anglers must be in possession of and use appropriate equipment at all times including; minimum 42" landing net, un-hooking mats and/or cradles, carp-treatment kit.
- No braided main line to be used.
- Main line strength must be a minimum of 10lb.
- Dangerous rigs must not be used.
- No trebles and no spinning whatsoever.
- The following baits must NOT be used: Live baits, Dead baits, Plastic/Fake baits, and Tiger Nuts. Maggots can only be used when we are operating on our 'Winter rates'.
- Bait boats may be used. Baiting your peg from the outer bank is also allowed as long as appropriate consideration is given to other anglers' swims.
- Fish within the markers of your swim at all times.
- No fish to be taken off the island. Strictly catch and immediate release.
- No excessive alcohol intake.
- Do not damage any of the trees or fauna.
- No vehicles to be taken on to the island whatsoever.
- All litter to be taken home please.
- No abusive messages on social media to our staff, bailiffs or other Q Lake members.
- Please remember that these rules have been put in place to protect the welfare of the fish and the fishery and to help ensure that everyone has an enjoyable session. Anyone found breaking any of the above rules will be asked to leave the fishery immediately and their Q Lake membership will be revoked. Please see one of the bailiffs or owners if you have any issues whatsoever or you would like to discuss any of the above rules.