The Q Lake
The Q Lake is PBF's Specimen Carp Lake for members only. There cost of membership is a one-off payment of £40. All money from mebership is put back in to stocking the lake and will go some way to the cost of 30lb Sparsholts that we have on order.
We have introduced a "Club Membership" and what we aspire to do is to produce a Lake that delivers both an excellent fishing and social experience without compromising either of the two.
The lake has a very unique design, where you cross a bridge and fish from a central Island to 13 allocated swims. The design of the lake ensures that we optimise the amount of water per peg. The design ensures exceptionally large fishing swims - 8 acres of water for 13 anglers - and ensures no fishing conflict. It also makes the pegs very even so we do not have a "peggey" lake - anywhere the wind blows....
This pond is coming towards its 4th anniversary and has matured naturally very well. In early 2012 we have planted 3,500 trees around the perimeter to cocoon the lake and cover the central Island. The woodland consisting of Oak, Beech, Rohan, Cherry, Silver Birch, Willow, Ash and many others and it is an official Diamond Jubilee Wood for the Queens Anniverary.
The lake record set in 2011 was 28.5lbs and on the back of a large stocking of Viv Shears Carp (also known as Sparsholts) having gone in in February 2011, we are expectant of a 30lb in 2012.
There is also a takeaway Pizza, Chinese & Indian service that delivers to the Lake, please ask at the cafe for more details! (The numbers are on the door)
1 night £20
2 nights £40
3 nights £55
4 nights £70
5 nights £80
6 nights £90
Full week £100
Fishing is from midday until midday.
Day tickets are available for £12
Due to a large number of requests from people wanting to book out this lake for weekends this is now something we offer in 2012. Friday Midday until Sunday Evening £500 for the full lake.
We also offer highly discounted Winter rates running from the 1st of November to the 1st of April.
At present we are hoping for a 30lb fish in 2012, we also have x3 30lb+ fish ordered from VS Fisheries to be delivered to the Lake in early Winter 2013.
The Q Lake Rules
- The lake is to be used by members and guests of members only.
- Fishing from midday until midday. Please note that your peg must be vacated by midday.
- No vehicles to be taken on to the island whatsoever.
- A maximum of 3 rods per angler.
- Micro-barbed hooks preferred.
- Carp landing nets must be used (minimum 36"). No spoon nets to be used.
- No braided main line.
- Main line strength must be a minimum of 10lb.
- Dangerous rigs must not be used.
- Un-hooking mats must be used at all times.
- All anglers must have a carp care kit in their possession. (Or similar)
- Bait boats may be used. If walking around the lake please be considerate of other anglers.
- Fish within the markers of your swim at all times.
- No fish are to be retained. The use of sacks is forbidden.
- No fish to be taken off the island.
- No excessive alcohol intake.
- Do not damage any of the trees or fauna.
- All litter to be taken home please.